Currently, Sergey doesn’t need a resume to get a job. He can just go to the door of a big company and they would hire him on the spot. He created Google with Larry Page, the most visited website in the world, what other credential do you need to prove that you are qualified for a job. But before starting Google, he needed a resume just like everybody else. His past resume was really simple and to the point, but he had some great experiences prior starting Google.
So today we bring you Sergey Brin’s 1996 resume. He created this resume while getting his Ph.D at Stanford University; which he never finished. Here are 8 things we learned from Sergey’s resume:
- He graduated from the University of Maryland with a B.S. in Mathematics and Computer Science in 1993.
- He got his M.S. in Computer Science in 1995 from Stanford University.
- He was expected to finish his Ph.D studies by 1997. A year before Google was founded.
- In 1995, he released 2 publications: “Near Neighbor Search in Large Metric Spaces” and “Copy Detection Mechanisms for Digital Documents“.
- Along with Hector Garcia-Molina, he worked on a project to automatically detect copyright violations on digital media.
- He wrote an application in Python that generates personalized movie ratings for users. You rate movies you have seen and the application finds other users with similar tastes.
- In the summer of 1993 he worked at Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica, developing a code analysis tool for the Mathematica source code.
- In the summer of 1991 and 1992 he worked at General Electric Information Services. He created a graphical front-end for a file transfer program using C++.
And below is a picture of the resume: